The GO-B3 is a battery-powered, torque-controlled, portable impact tool that produces up to 3000 ft-lbs of torque to open hopper car gates that are easy to moderately-difficult to open. Although, at 29.5 lbs the opener is compact and lightweight, because it is a torque wrench, it does require the use of an easy to attach torque reaction arm for safety. The GO-B3 is supplied with two (2) long lasting HD Lithium-Ion batteries which, if properly maintained, will open hundreds of hopper cars for years.
• Unloading sites that receive occasional to light hopper car traffic;
• Railcars that vary from easy-to-open to moderately difficult;
• Neither compressed air or electric power is available or is limited;
• Majority of railcars have fixed position gate mechanisms;
• Trackside surface is level, smooth, and unobstructed;
• Narrow decks or platforms preclude wheeled-cart or beam-mounted Opener;
• Site security requires portable, easy to remove and store tools and equipment.