- Extreme Conditions - No Problem
- Leader in Cable-Based, Smart-Sensor Systems and Value
- Unprecedented and Unsurpassed Sensor Durability & Application Reliability
- Hall Effect Technology Enhances Application Reliability
- Unique Network Capable PC-Based Inventory Management Software
- Affordable, Wireless Sensor Interface Available Unmatched RMI/VMI Solutions
- Uses Innovative, Hall-Effect Technology To Maximize Application Reliability By Effectively Regulating Power To Motor Under Varying Load Conditions
- Industry-Best Measurement Resolution Of 1/100'(0.12"; 3.05 mm)
- Virtually Maintenance Free
- Split-Compartment Enclosure Isolates Electronics And Measurement Optics From Process Material
- Fast, Easy Servicing Of Process Seal
- PC-Based Inventory Solutions Or Simple HMI Keypad/Display
- RS-485 Pulse Or Analog Sensor Output Available
- Hazardous Location Sensor Version
- Wireless Sensor Interface Solutions
- Auxiliary System Outputs Available
The SiloPatrol SE Inventory Management System is the second edition of the industry-leading, cable-based, smart-sensor system that is designed to handle some of the harshest and most dynamic conditions. The SiloPatrol SE system incorporates state-of-the-art sensors, a wide choice of operator interfaces, auxiliary outputs and displays, as well as unique remote/vendor managed inventory solutions.
The introduction of SiloPatrol several years ago delivered the first truly robust sensor design, providing reliable and high-value solutions for a wide variety of applications and industries worldwide. The second edition SiloPatrol incorporates significant advances in this field-proven approach to reliably monitoring the level of material in bins, silos, and tanks up to 150 ft (45.7 m) in height. The SiloPatrol SE sensor technology is suitable for use with a multiplicity of powders, granules, slurries, and liquids, even in the most harsh and dynamic conditions.
The heart of the SiloPatrol SE system is the sensor itself. The second edition sensor, Model SMU (Silo Monitoring Unit), incorporates technological advancements, requires no field adjustments, and its robust design provides virtually maintenance-free operation. The SMU is suited for most any application and can be equipped with a variety of mounting flanges and plumb bobs.
The SiloPatrol SE system also offers the most sensor interface choices:
- RS485 "smart" communications output
- 4-20 mA analog output
- AC/DC Pulse output
The "smart" RS485 output version SMU can be connected with either the multi-functional Human Machine Interface (HMI) or with SiloTrack™ PC-based Inventory Management Software that provides a flexible, graphical interface for up to 128 sensors.
If a stand-alone sensor with analog output and no operator interface display is what you're looking for, the SMU is available in this type of configuration at an affordable purchase price. The second edition SMU is available as a truly stand-alone analog output transmitter, including automatic measurement initiation and a relay output.
The SMU pulse output sensor is typically used for connecting to older Monitor Technologies inventory systems. This output version retrofits and replaces the older CM3A/CM4 sensors and uses the AC pulse output to connect to the old system console. The DC pulse output also included with the second edition SMU pulse output version can be used to connect into existing PLC systems.
Note: 6-3103 cast aluminum plumb bob is included with each SMU.