MARTIN® Sonic Horns are compressed-air driven acoustic cleaners that produce low-frequency, high-energy sound waves. The sound waves are produced by the compressed air by flexing a titanium diaphragm in the Horn's sound generator. The sound waves are then magnified as they are emitted through the Horn's bell, and travel at > 1100 ft/sec in a 360° radial pattern. The Sonic Horn is placed in the vessel at strategic locations, and then air pressure and volume are controlled remotely from outside the vessel. Alternative sound waves, repeating 60-420 times per second, they produce a range of fundamental frequencies that cause dry particulate deposits to resonate and become fluidized. Once fluidized, gravity causes the material to flow freely to the discharge. Because Sonic Horns operate a frequencies higher than the resonance frequency of steel, ceramic linings, concrete, etc, they do not cause vibrational damage to the vessel or surrounding structure. Suitable for explosive environments, Sonic Horns have been used in vessel cleaning, precipitators, heat exchangers, and filters.
Click Here to view our Sonic Horm Silo Cleaning Case Study
- Prevents Dry Particulate Build-Up to Increase System Efficiency and Life While Reducing Maintenance, Repair Costs, and System Downtime
- Does Not Create Structural Fatigue or Damage
- Effective Around Pipes and Behind Obstacles — Sonic Energy De-Bonds Particulate Over a 360° Sweep, Cleaning Inaccessible Parts
- Systems are Designed for Each Specific Application
- Both New Assemblies and Retrofit Parts (Bells, Rebuilt Sound Generators, etc), and a Variety of Mounts are Available
- 3-Year Warranty / Guarantee — Preventative Maintenance Service Available