The presence of a dust collection, suppression and control system is critical for protecting employee health. Any time an agricultural, mining, or manufacturing facility is transporting, refining, or processing a dry material, there is a great likelihood that dust will be generated. The adverse effects of; plant dust that is not managed or collected; are limited only by the distance that dust can be carried through the air. Issues for plant operators and their employees include the risks of dust explosion, health problems, visibility and other safety hazards, material loss, increased maintenance requirements, industrial; equipment damage, regulatory citations and fines, and decreased productivity. Outside the plant, the risks extend not only to the surrounding community but also the environment because of exposure to air pollution arising from respirable industrial dust.
Areas that typically produce dust that must be controlled include:
- Transfer points of conveying systems where material falls while being transferred to another piece of industrial equipment, eg, the discharge of one belt conveyor to another belt conveyor, storage bin, or bucket elevator
- Specific processes such as crushing, drying, screening, mixing, blending, bag unloading, and railcar or truck loading
- Operations involving the displacement / venting of air such as bag filling, palletizing, or filling of silos
Industrial dust; management issues can cost a plant a considerable amount of time, energy, and money if workplace dust is not dealt with properly. An effective, on-going program to create a dust-free bulk-material handling system; that assists with air pollution-control is a wise investment, both financially and environmentally. AIRMATIC's dust; collection, suppression and control; equipment from MARTIN® and WAM®
enables plants to take a considered approach to reducing the escape of airborne industrial dust from any material handling system by collecting it for disposal or returning it to the processing system. We do this with three integratable solutions to collect, suppress or contain airborne particles. We offer:
- Industrial Dust Collection Filtering - With products such as cartridge-dust collectors including bin and silo vents; cartridge filters; air filtration / dust containment bags, sleeves and clamps; and central unit and insertable dust collectors.
- Industrial Dust Suppression - With products such as wet spray systems using water, water/chemical, fog, foam, or residual chemical suppressants.
- Passive Dust Control - With products such as Dust Settling Zones, Dust Curtains, and Dust Bags to help filter dust safely and efficiently.
Our dust control equipment can be used as individual, stand-alone products or in combination to create a complete industrial dust management system. There are a variety of techniques and technologies available to accomplish any one of these methods of dust control. Our experience can help you understand all aspects of your dust problem including the consequences, the sources, the methods of measurement, and the methods of control.